On Saturday, June 25, enjoy a behind-the-scenes, self-guided tour of some of the Mendocino Coast’s most beautiful country gardens, featuring landscaping artfully blended into the natural environment, on the Mendocino Art Center’s 19th Annual Mendocino Coast Garden Tour, Saturday, June 25, 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. The day’s festivities will also include a garden shop and plant sale at the Mendocino Art Center and a gourmet vegetarian luncheon at Ravens’ Restaurant at the Stanford Inn by the Sea, with a portion of the proceeds benefiting the Mendocino Art Center. The Garden Tour is the Art Center’s largest annual fundraiser.
Gardens on this year’s self-guided tour include:
• An ideal coastal garden with over 200 ericaceous, cultivars, rhododendrons, pieris, azaleas, heathers and conifers, as well as other perennials viewable on the many pathways.
• A lushly landscaped garden sitting on eight acres at the end of a country lane. Three acres of tended gardens are surrounded by fields, forest, and towering redwoods.
• A weaver’s garden who loves incorporating color into her weaving and into her landscape design.
• A garden with themed rooms, including Japanese, water, vegetable, and succulent.
• The Noyo Hill Farm, located on the bluff overlooking Noyo Harbor. The owners, with their expertise and love for plants, have created a beautiful farm with organically grown fresh produce.